Friday, January 8, 2010

Wiener Wiener niener

First of all, I hope all 5 of you had a great break (or are continuing to have one, sadly I have already started school), 6 if you include Arizona's double personalities.
Secondly, as I am working on a presentation, time for long blog entries about my glorious winter break is currently unavailable. However, I do promise to put them up, along with pictures, as soon as possible.
But, I thought it would just be worth mentioning, I officially got my residence permit!! So while it does not really make me Viennese (or Wiener as the Deutsch speakers say) I can officially stay in the country till the 13th of July.
The process itself (both long and annoying) was also slightly confusing, and I was left wondering just how long I could have lived in Vienna sans permit. Here's how it goes down: EU citizens and people from USA and Canada can live in Austria for 3 months with absolutely nothing (I didn't even get my passport stamped), after that, we're supposed to apply for a permit. However, what I didn't know, is that they are super lenient about the whole permit issue. Though the website for Austria's government says all foreigners need to apply and get their permit before three months are up, I didn't get my permit till today, a whole 3 1/3 months later.
Anywho, I'm glad that the days of sitting in the waiting room for far too long are over and I'm ultra grateful that Max (my advisor here) was willing to come along and help out.
Also, sssssssnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proper snow in fact! So now my constant commenting at the lack of snow will probably decline, probably, maybe. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment